1. Overview of Digital Audio
Chapter 1, Desktop
Audio Technology - Rumsey
Study of Digital Audio
- Proliferation of digital technology has made digital audio ubiquitous
- No argument made as to merits of digital over analog
- Use of computers allows for easy manipulation of digital audio
- What is a WORKSTATION?
- Audio computers - then and now
Audio and the Computer Industry
- Low-cost, powerful machines and software means that
anyone can work with audio
- Widespread availability does not mean widespread ability!
- Pursuit of quality audio is still needed
Audio and Quality
- The standards of digital audio
- New trends
- What is acceptible?